T Minus 10 Days to Malta

Remember us?

 Being a Hunter Douglas dealer has its advantages.  They have sales goals to attain and if you do you "win" a trip.  When our children were growing up, we only took two of these trips, because I was "that" mom who wouldn't leave her children with someone else.  But now that everyone is a grown up, we are enjoying the travel.  Last year we went to Maui and we took the kids because they were all graduating.  (Jessica-doctorate, Joe-Masters, Ben-Associates) and then Joe's girlfriend, McKenzie and Jessica's friends William and Crystal came with us.

We all loved being together so much, they asked what is next year's trip?  Well it is Malta.  They all wanted to go.  Knowing this a year ahead of time enabled us to use points for their airline tickets and points for their hotel stay.  We utilized My Bella Vita Travel to help us with some excursions (they planned my ancestry trip to Italy a few years back.)  By the way next years trip is Stockholm, Sweden.

What makes this year extra special for me is HUMIRA.  lol.  Well it's kind of true.  Humira is a drug used to help Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I have been on it almost 12 weeks now and it has changed my life.  I was in pain EVERY day for the past 4 years or so and each year got worse.  I have no pain now and I've lost 25 pounds in the past 9 weeks.  I'm feeling good and strong and ready to enjoy the island.

Malta is an island country in the Mediterranean Sea.  It consists of an archipelago (a chain or cluster of islands) between Italy and Libya.

When the great Apostle Paul who was under arrest was being transported to appear before Caesar in Rome, the ship he was on broke apart in a storm and they were able to get ashore to the Island of Malta.  Not sure if we will get that far north, but kind of cool to be in Malta and envision it.

The Deters' 5 and McKenzie are all on the same flight out of Denver.  We travel Denver to Frankfurt, Germany (where my DuoLingo should come in handy.  Wo ist das Badezimmer?- where is the bathroom.  lol)  Then from Frankfurt to Malta.  William and Crystal will go through Paris.  

I plan to do my best to keep you updated daily, because if I don't it doesn't happen once I come home.  Just look at my Maui blog.  It just stops.

Jessica had a friend she swam with growing up.  I remember sitting with the mom at a swim meet and the mom telling me they were vacationing out of the country - maybe Costa Rica - I don't remember.  Her husband worked for a big Construction company here and he was one of the top dogs.  She said, the only way we can "truly vacation" is if we leave the country.  I "feel" that statement.   We are leaving our business in capable hands and there will be quite a time difference, so...... we will see how it goes.

Passports ready - here we come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Five - Dune Buggies in Gozo

Day Three - M’dina